Monday, July 28, 2008

I ran

Yes, I had to run today. Anybody who knows me knows I don't run if I don't have to. Blake is gone on the guys trip to the cities. I got home from the baby shower tonight after 9pm. I decided to put the garbage out when I got home. I let Emmitt out and thought he could be in the garage with me for that few minutes instead of barking at the door for me. I was almost done and he decided to run away. Yes, without a collar. This made me run after him which made him run farther and faster across the street. Then to the next street. A girl on her cell phone tried to stop him, but he caught onto that trick. I'm running in my sandals trying to figure out what to do. I'm yelling and calling. Several guys were talking by a vehicle and they barely blinked at my struggle to get my dog. One was on crutches, but I thought one of them could carry or drive him home for me if I caught him. Catching him was still the first problem. I thought maybe I could just keep chasing him all the way home, which would be tricky. I just kept calling to God for help.

We turned the corner and a lady and her 2 kids were on their front step. He loves kids so he went there right away. They had a leash that I borrowed. While the girl went to get it Emmitt kept barking at the cats he could see in their house. It was his high pitched in pain sounding type of bark. We get the leash on and we walked home. He knew I was upset.

I put him in the house and drove the leash back to return it. I was so sweaty since 1. I don't usually run and 2. it is very humid due to a storm that is happening now. Did I say I was really upset? Did I mention I needed to use the bathroom before I got home the first time? I got home again and he knew I was upset and he laid on his living room bed for a bit, which is not real common for him. Now he is on the couch with no care in the world. I was just so thankful that when Blake called I could tell him a good ending instead of a lost dog, run over dog, whatever. God is so good.

Anyway, I am amazed at how much I miss my husband while he is gone. I enjoy my alone time, but I enjoy being with my husband too. He is so good to me. I am so thankful that God gave me him. It's amazing how I grow more in love with him every day.

There's a thunderstorm right now. I usually sleep pretty well during storms unless thunder wakes me up, but that's ok.

I think I would like to buy Blake's birthday gifts tomorrow too. I'm excited because I actually thought of something that I know he will like.

I'll have to write about step 3 of the book tomorrow. I'm getting tired.

Until next time...

No comments: