Monday, January 19, 2009

Heartbeat

We heard the heartbeat of the baby today...around 145 beats/minute. Everything seems to be going well. The Dr. said I should be able to feel the baby moving in about a month. Yay! Next month we will have an ultrasound. That will be exciting!

I was feeling pretty good this morning.

The other night when I couldn't sleep I started praying which is usually what I tend to do. God lays people on my heart that need prayer or just anything. I was thinking about this baby, our child. I was praying for it's development, etc. But ultimately I was thinking what do I and what does God want for this little person. A lot of parents will say that they just want their kids to be happy and have a good life. I prayed that he or she would grow up to know and live for Christ Jesus as his or her Savior. Of course I want our child to be happy, but more than that I want him or her to know the JOY of fellowship and life with Christ. Now, how does a parent "train up" a child to do this...trusting God to give us wisdom. He is faithful.

Until next time...

No comments: