Saturday, August 23, 2008

Love the Mama

Yesterday I heard a quote from Rebecca St. James (the Christian singer) on the radio. She was talking about her parents and that they read things by James Dobson. He had said one of the most important things a father can do for his children is to love their mother. She agreed that this helped her as a child feel stable.

Oh, I think this is so true. I felt emotional about it when I heard it because I know Blake loves me and will show that whenever we have children. God is so good.

Then I started thinking about my mom and my stepdad. Even through rocky times I knew a little bit then and I certainly know now looking back that my stepdad loves my mom. I see him trying to show her in his own way.

I'm going to go rummage saling in our neighborhood now.

Until next time...

No comments: