Friday, August 08, 2008

Periods of Fresh Air and Sunlight

Let me know if you like the new look of the blog!

Step 6: Periods of Fresh Air and Sunlight from Greater Health God's Way by Stormie Omartian

--Darkness brings death; light brings life.

--Sunlight is a powerful healer, tonic, germ killer, remedial agent, and relaxer, especially when it is used in conjunction with the other seven steps.

--As you become healthier and healthier (living peacefully, eating food the way God made it, exercising regularly, drinking plenty of water, fasting and praying, and getting good rest), the greater your desire to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine.

--...there is less oxygen in hot weather than in cold.

--If a person does not get enought fresh air or is a shallow breather, there are certain poisons in the system that do not get out.

--...be out there in them, enjoy them, and breathe in deeply. They are beautiful days that the Lord has made; rejoice and be glad in them.

--Fresh air and sunlight are life giving.

She also talked about wearing breathable clothing and if going outside doesn't come naturally to you, you should schedule it in.

I have realized I'm a shallow breather so I have been trying to breathe deeper a little more each day.

I have really liked this book. I know I cannot change and become totally healthy in one day. It is a process that I look forward to seeing the results in days, weeks, months, years. I would like a godly, healthy life be my way of life so if I have children I can pass that down to them.

Until next time...

No comments: