Monday, July 19, 2010

Mothering Monday:Teasing

This morning I gave Emma 4 Cheerios while I was pouring myself a bowl. I usually do not like to give her food while she is walking around but I did. She dropped two and the dog gobbled them right up. Blake and I were in the living room and all of a sudden Emma comes in "running" into the other area of the room giggling. Emmitt right behind her. She thought he was chasing her which is one of her newer games to play with us. In a way he was chasing her. He wanted the two remaining Cheerios. One in each hand. She moved about the room with the floppy-eared one right behind her. Licking at her hands. Sometimes she reached out like she was going to let him eat the round prize. Then take it back. What a tease! Then she would take a bite of a Cheerio and tease him with the other half. People, Emma is only a year old! What do we do about teasing?

I guess it is better than hitting the dog with her board books like she was doing yesterday.

She does respond well to distraction but is very persistent and perseverant. We are not too worried yet but very appreciative of a patient and kind dog.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Casey said...

We don't have pets, so I'm not sure if it's a pet/kid thing you're worried about or an interaction you don't want her to engage in. If it's a pet thing, I can't help you. Personally, I don't think I'd do too much about it if it's the "negative" interaction you're concerned about. There's a lot of teasing play that adults do with kids. She is most likely imitating that with someone who she considers to be her peer.

Miss Crys said...

We are not too worried about it yet. We actually thought it was pretty cute and a bit smart at the time. We just don't want her to do that around other dogs who may not be as nice as ours.