Thursday, July 01, 2010

Thursday Review

This past weekend there was a free trial of a few of the premium channels on cable so I DVR'd a few movies. I am going to review two here.

One was "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" with Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner.

My review: Interesting take on "The Christmas Carol". Three ghosts and all. Instead of Christmas it is McConaughey's character's brother's wedding. It is about McConaughey needing to realize his wrong ways and attitude toward dating, marriage, and love.

Out of 5 stars I give it a 2. I did not like it. It was cheesey and a bit boring. It is the type of movie that I didn't care if I paused it if I left the room for a couple minutes. And I just think McConaughey is not that good of an actor. Jennifer Garner was good in her role though.

I also recorded "Bride Wars" with Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson. I give this one a 4 out of 5. Both did great in their roles. They are friends since childhood and still very close. Then they both get engaged. Both wanting the same things. Competition. Their friendship takes some turns. Fun. Cute.

I watched both of these movies by myself. Both pretty chick-flicky.

Until next time...

No comments: