Monday, July 05, 2010

Mother's Monday Mutterings

My baby girl is about 1. We celebrated yesterday. I started looking at her photobook from when she was born til she was 4 months. I started crying. This thing called motherhood is hard on the heartstrings. I love who she is now. But I miss her itty bitty babyness. You just want to hold on and enjoy every single moment. You do. But then you have to let go little by little. Then the next thing you know...they are moving out. Ok, I know I have many years left with my baby but time goes fast. She will need me less and less. But that is the point I suppose. She is just entrusted to us by God. She is His. He has a purpose for her. I pray that she chooses Jesus.

I've noticed that some women put their whole being into parenting which is great. But then they don't know what to do when their children move out, become adults, get married, etc. I've read a couple different places lately about happiness. One was a mother saying that she can be happy and enjoy her children but it is a great burden on them if she depends on them for her happiness. So, one needs to guard herself against using her children instead of joy in the Lord for the source of her happiness.

Until next time...

No comments: