Monday, May 08, 2006

Name

Friday evening B (whom I will call Poker in this post) and I went out to eat at Joe Black's which used to be Joe Dimaggio's (sp?). I had a good time with him as always. It's nice to hear compliments even if I don't take them well. Then we rented The Ice Harvest and watched it at my place. The movie was ok, but I don't think it was one of the best. Poker and I had a good time together though. I love Poker. He is the best.

Saturday N and I went to the coffeeshop Urban Stampede. She studied and I worked on my teacher's application. I got a little bit done. We got a few movies from the public library. We watched the 1968 Mine, Yours, and Ours with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. It was good, but different than the new one. I did laundry and some organizing of my room too.

Sunday was church. I brought some herb bread from Hugos with butter to the going away potluck (or potblessing as they say) for two couples of the church. That was good. Poker and I hung out that afternoon and at home I watched Grey's Anatomy.

My dad called when I was at Poker's and he got promoted to (help me out here Dad by writing a comment) Detective Sergeant or something like that. It sounds like they are doing great. My brother in Maine is finishing his 3rd year of college.

I got my readmission letter to UND and my user ID and password to register for classes. They were both to my apartment address, but one had my current name and one had my previous name. I went to fix this problem today. I found out that I have not changed my name with the registrar even though I had to do all sorts of stuff over a year ago to change my name with the payroll office. So, that was frustrating but I just need to bring in legal documentation that it was changed. The changing of a name takes forever!!!

I registered for Modern Grammar. I figured out that I don't have too many classes left to complete my Bilingual Education/English as a Second Language Endorsement. After this summer class I will need to take 2 semesters of a language, 1 more English class, and field experience.

The person from work who signed T in one of the comments...I will call Toad from now on even though I probably haven't talked about this person yet. Hmm...something about him...Toad is a good photographer. He's great with computers too which is probably why he's the computer guy.

I finished the 6th and last book of the Red River of the North Series by Lauraine Snelling. It was good. Now I would like to start the trilogy of the Return to Red River series by her. I really like these characters and learning about the life of homesteaders. God is the center of their lives.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Miss Crys said...

Thanks Dad. Yes, he is now Detective Sergeant.